Welcome to the James A. Henderson playground at The Commons. Dedicated in 2013, the indoor playground features infant/toddler areas, slide, tunnels and a two story Luckey Climber. The playground is free and open to the public during normal business hours.
7:00 am – 9:00 pm
Friday & Saturday
7:00 am – 10:00 pm
10:00 am – 8:00 pm
• Toddler Area (ages 6 months -2 years)
• Preschool Area (ages 2 – 5 years)
• School Age Area (ages 5 – 12 years)
- Adult supervision is required at all times
- NO food or drink
- NO rough play or running
- NO high heels on play surface
The playgound is under video surveillance
The playground is unsupervised – parents and caregivers are responsible for their children.
Birthday Party Rules:
- No helium balloons
- No open flame. This includes birthday candles.
- Signs, Banners, Posters, Pinatas, or any other decorative signage may not be hung from the walls, windows, columns, tables or playground surface.
- Tables in the food court area must remain in their set location and are not to be moved.
- No more than 2 tables and eight chairs are to be used per party.
- Crock pots and other food warmers are not permitted in the building.
- The Commons does not reserve tables and chairs for parties that are not a scheduled rental.
- Tables and chairs in the mezzanine level on the second floor are not available if an Upper Level reservation is scheduled.
For groups visiting The Commons on a field trip, we ask that you please contact The Commons office at (812) 376-2681 at least one week prior to the scheduled field trip day to advise us of the date, estimated arrival time and group size. Access and use of the playground is complimentary.
The Commons Playground Public Input & Design Study
The Commons Playground Public Input & Design Study will evaluate public input and summarize a vision for the future development and redesign of The Commons Playground. Columbus Parks and Recreation has engaged Hitchcock Design Group to lead a public input and design study for The Commons Playground. The design team will be gathering feedback from stakeholders and playground users through an online survey and public input meetings. This information will inform design concepts that will be presented the public for comments. The final deliverable will be a preferred design that will be used to guide future development at The Commons Playground.
Help us envision the future of The Commons Playground by giving us your input.
Community Engagement Meeting: February 26th, 5:30 pm – 8:00 pm, Lower Lobby at The Commons
Survey: Click here to take the online survey.