Welcome to the James A. Henderson Playground at The Commons! The indoor playground features infant/toddler areas, slides, a tunnel and a two story Luckey Climber. We created better separation between the toddler area and the rest of the playground, making it safer for our youngest community members to enjoy the playground. Additional play elements encourage children to play together and create opportunities to socialize as well as adding more sensory experiences. The playground is free and open to the public during the hours listed below. Masks are optional.
Monday – Thursday
10:00 AM – 9:00 PM
Friday – Saturday
7:00 AM – 9:00 PM
10:00 AM – 8:00 PM
- Toddler Area (ages 6 months – 2 years)
- Preschool Area (ages 2 – 5 years)
- School Age Area (ages 5 – 12 years)
- Luckey Climber (ages 5 – 12 years)
- Adult supervision is required at all times
- NO food or drink
- Shoes must be ON at all times
- NO rough play or running
- NO high heels on play surface
The playground is under video surveillance.
The playground is unsupervised – parents and caregivers are responsible for their children.
Birthday Party Rules:
- No helium balloons
- No open flame. This includes birthday candles.
- Signs, Banners, Posters, Pinatas, or any other decorative signage may not be hung from the walls, windows, columns, tables or playground surface.
- Tables in the food court area must remain in their set location and are not to be moved.
- Crock pots and other food warmers are not permitted in the building.
For groups visiting The Commons on a field trip, we ask that you please contact The Commons office at (812) 376-2681 at least one week prior to the scheduled field trip day to advise us of the date, estimated arrival time and group size. Access and use of the playground is complimentary.