Welcome to the James A. Henderson playground at The Commons. Dedicated in 2013, the indoor playground features infant/toddler areas, slide, tunnels and a two story Luckey Climber. The playground is free and open to the public during normal business hours.
7:00 am – 9:00 pm
Friday & Saturday
7:00 am – 10:00 pm
10:00 am – 8:00 pm
• Toddler Area (ages 6 months -2 years)
• Preschool Area (ages 2 – 5 years)
• School Age Area (ages 5 – 12 years)
- Adult supervision is required at all times
- NO food or drink
- NO rough play or running
- NO high heels on play surface
The playgound is under video surveillance
The playground is unsupervised – parents and caregivers are responsible for their children.
Birthday Party Rules:
- No helium balloons
- No open flame. This includes birthday candles.
- Signs, Banners, Posters, Pinatas, or any other decorative signage may not be hung from the walls, windows, columns, tables or playground surface.
- Tables in the food court area must remain in their set location and are not to be moved.
- No more than 2 tables and eight chairs are to be used per party.
- Crock pots and other food warmers are not permitted in the building.
- The Commons does not reserve tables and chairs for parties that are not a scheduled rental.
- Tables and chairs in the mezzanine level on the second floor are not available if an Upper Level reservation is scheduled.
For groups visiting The Commons on a field trip, we ask that you please contact The Commons office at (812) 376-2681 at least one week prior to the scheduled field trip day to advise us of the date, estimated arrival time and group size. Access and use of the playground is complimentary.